Guests shared what a relief it was to enter this "nature sanctuary", away from the rat race and technological bombardment, a place where they could unwind and spend quality, unspoilt and uninterrupted time with themselves, each other, their family, and nature. They called it a beautiful retreat space...
Those of us who live on the land now share a common vision and heart-felt purpose; we are choosing to live simple, happy, connected, authentic lives, where Spirit is at the centre of all things. Together we are learning to follow the ancient nature-based teachings of peoples who have stayed connected to Earth and Spirit, and who have given us tools for living together harmoniously, lovingly and honestly. We are on a pilgrimage towards re-membering who we truly are and experiencing the joy of living from our hearts with humility and gratitude. This is all a work in progress, and we frequently struggle and get lost. This is the beauty of the Medicine Teachings, to have the map to bring us back from forgetting, to a place of connection.
We celebrate this precious gift of life throughout the wheel of the year, through ceremony, sacred singing, dancing, fires, feasting and communal living. It is our intention to honour the ancestors of this land and the ancient sites around, the ancestors that lived in harmony with the cycles of nature.
Through the nature-based medicine teachings we are creating structures and practices to support our evolving community to grow in love and consciousness, to care for one another, and support one another to thrive and grow, through challenges and breakthroughs, just as we are.
We are journeying to become co-creators of a conscious way of living on the Earth as Sacred Humans in these challenging times. Out of this learning adventure, we invite you to join us as we live and grow, taking time out from the demands of " modern life" to connect more deeply to your true nature.
Conscious living on the Earth
At The Living Well Centre we strive to minimise our impact on the environment and we will ensure that your stay here will be as carbon neutral and environmentally sensitive as possible:
- compost loos
- roundhouses - completely made from natural and recycled materials
- encouragement to purchase consciously from local shops and reduce packaging, rubbish and encouragement to reuse and recycle
- UV filtered water comes from our own well
Guests can see low-impact living in action, the site includes:
- vegetable garden
- coppice woodland for fuel and furniture
- green woodworking area
- demonstrations of low-impact building- cob, cordwood, strawbale, rammed earth tyres
- WET water treatment system
- wildlife ponds
- medicinal herb garden
Our current green measures include:
- Using green tariff electricity from our own PV panels
- Using reclaimed and recycled materials wherever possible
- Having a waste reduction policy, which includes composting, worm bins, recycling and compost toilets
- Using homegrown and local food where possible, and where not local, buying in bulk to reduce packaging, and aiming to use Fairtrade and Organic sources
- Using green building techniques, including using reclaimed or renewable materials, and local materials, suppliers and tradespeople
- Planting trees to attract wildlife and absorb Carbon Dioxide