Rites of Passage Ceremonies & Celebrant
The Living Well Centre offers a special, sacred place in the Well Garden, blessed by our ancient holy well to celebrate with consciousness your wedding, hand fasting, funeral or naming ceremony.
We don’t do big, drunken affairs, but instead offer a natural oasis to celebrate your betrothal, or hold space for a funeral of your loved one. There is the woodland with its glades to gather in if you would prefer, with camp fires to sit around, sing songs and star gaze.
We can offer a space for an intimate celebration with loved ones who can sleep on site within the roundhouses and camp as well as nearby self-catering and B&B accommodation. We have a very special 13th century church on our doorstep - “Sancreed” St Creden - for a service or blessing.
Celebrant for Ceremonies:
As a Celebrant, Rachel Smart will guide you in creating unique ceremonies together to truly honour you and your loved one’s wishes and to reflect your beliefs and values.
Celebrancy for Ceremonies offered:
- Weddings and hand fastings
- Naming and baptism ceremonies for children and adults
- Seperation/Divorce ritual
- Rites of Passage into adulthood
- Life Transitions- marking moving into new phase of life- parenthood, menopause, relationships, work, home, health
Together, we will weave a beautiful, meaningful ceremony for you and your loved one’s. All ceremonies, including weddings and hand fastings can include music, dance and performance, consciously working with nature and the elements, transforming and letting go of old phases of life and and embracing the new…..
The ceremonies can be held in our beautiful private sanctuary The Living Well Centre in Cornwall, or a place you choose. If you choose The Living Centre, the well garden with it’s ancient sacred well dating back to 800AD, working with the holy water for blessing is the perfect place for your Ceremony. The well is situated in a pretty garden full of medicinal herbs and a lawn with fire pit for performance and ceremonies. Guests will also be able to use our amazing roundhouse, The Hobbit House and Longhouse for small receptions. There is accommodation in our beautiful natural roundhouses and also a woodland for camping and other activities.
Each Ceremony is unique and costed accordingly. Please email Rachel with your requirements.
Natural Weddings and Ceremonies
The Living Well Centre is a special place for your ceremony:
- Intimate ceremonies and celebrations up to 25 people
- Accommodation in Eco houses and camping
- Celebrant to hold your ceremony, reflecting your beliefs
- Blessing by our ancient holy well
- Ceremonies in woodland glades
- Sleeping under the stars
- Music, dancing and celebration in nature
- Banqueting in the Longhouse or alfresco
- A celebration of life!